REFRESHING TOMATO LENTIL SALAD
This salad is so delicious and colorful. Tastes great too.
Prep: twenty-five minutes
Cook: thirty minutes
Chill time: one hour
Total: one hour fifty-five minutes
- 4 cups of water
- Adequate amount of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of dry lentils
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper
- 1 green Chile pepper, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup of oil-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced in half lengthwise
- Add in salt and water into a saucepan and set over high heat. Then add in the lentils into the saucepan and stir frequently. Decrease the heat, cover and let the lentils simmer until tender, about thirty minutes. Then drain.
- Pour the lentils into a bowl, then add in the garlic, red onions, seeded tomatoes, Chile pepper, and green bell pepper. Then add in one teaspoon of lemon zest and juice of one lemon zest. Then add in the olives, shredded carrots, and cilantro.
- Add in the black pepper and salt as seasoning, then add in the olive oil and combine properly. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for an hour to let the flavors mix.
- Before serving, mix the salad properly and then add in more olive oil or lemon juice as needed, then transfer to a dish and top with sliced eggs.
Fat: 19.4 g
Carbohydrates: 44.8 g
Protein: 19.9 g